Thursday, January 16, 2014

Puzzle Pieces


Luke 6:46-49 46 “But why do you call Me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do the things which I say? 47 Whoever comes to Me, and hears My sayings and does them, I will show you whom he is like: 48 He is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid the foundation on the rock. And when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently against that house, and could not shake it, for it was founded on the rock.[h] 49 But he who heard and did nothing is like a man who built a house on the earth without a foundation, against which the stream beat vehemently; and immediately it fell.[i] And the ruin of that house was great.”

Well my husband has gone back to work so it is just me at home with my girls. One starts back at Kindergarten next for three days of the week and the older two will only go back to school in the first week of February.
Please excuse the sporadic blogging. I will try get back into the routine of writing every Wednesday but cannot make any promises as it is really busy with all my girls home.

I have a room in my house just for my things. I do a lot of arts, crafts and sewing etc. Whatever I can get my hands on I do. While my husband was home I got stuck into cleaning this room and tossing out all the stuff that was dumped in there and that didn't belong. I was even given a few more desks to put in there. It has really come together nicely. There is still more work to do on it but I now have space.

I am currently typing this in my room at desk. Before I was in the lounge usually with a kids programme on to keep my toddler entertained (ok bad mummy I know but I will get over it).
I have a desk in the middle of my room where I built two puzzles in the last 2 weeks.

It got me thinking about how life is like a puzzle. You have all the pieces (you hope) but some are corner or side pieces and some are middle pieces. When they are tossed out some are upside down. Some pieces look the same but aren't.

I don't know about you but when I start building a puzzle I sort out the frame first. I go through all the pieces and get all the side pieces out. This your foundation point. God does this in our lives He gives you a foundation. The Bible tells us about foundations and we must make sure it is solid. If the puzzle frame is not completed properly and you have pieces in the wrong place the other pieces in the puzzle will not fit and your foundation will keep on breaking.

Now that the foundations are put together correctly you can start building. I keep on referring to the picture on the box to guide me. This is like a blueprint or map. God has also given us a blueprint or map. The Bible. The Bible is packed with things that will build you up and encourage you.

A few times a puzzle piece got knocked onto the floor by a helpful child and I would find it and wonder whether it was from the puzzle I was making or the one I did before or neither. I went back to the picture on the box and matched it up. If it didn't match then it was put where it belonged.
There are a lot of puzzle pieces in our lives that are not apart of what God has planned for us and we need to seek God on. Sometimes it is a piece from someone else's puzzle that needs to be given to them.

While I was building my puzzle I had help from my husband. He would come along and help put some of the pieces in and it would help me fill in other areas. We are here to figure put pieces into our puzzle and do what God has called us to do but we should help others with their puzzles. Don't try and use others puzzle pieces to complete your own puzzle. Your puzzle is as unique as theirs is.

Some pieces in your puzzle you will have to put in the general area of where they should go until you find other pieces that will go with it to attach to the foundation. Sometimes these pieces just do not go there but go elsewhere.
Sometimes something is part of your puzzle but isn't for now. You will have to lay them down until God tells you to pick it up again and place it in.

1) make sure your foundation is built and is solid
2) make sure the pieces are for your puzzle
3) don't take someone elses puzzle pieces
4) help others with their puzzle
5) put aside pieces that are just not for now and wait until God tells you to pick it up.
6) keep on referring back to the blueprint, the Bible
7) Seek God


See blogs from other lovely ladies here ----> Christian Mommy Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment