Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The New Year

As I approach the New Year I feel as though I am holding my breath. A bit like when you jump into water. I feel 2014 is going to be a big year.

I usually get apprehensive about a new year. One year went so badly that I was too upset to even think about facing another year the same as the one I had just been through.

A new year brings with it the unknown and challenges we are not yet prepared to face. But this season we are all going into is not about what challenges we are going to face or about what demands will be placed upon us but rather about our attitude going into it.

When my husband and I moved to New Zealand despite all that was said to us and the way we were treated we were determined to look at that new season as an exciting adventure. We were positive about going out and making friends and not waiting for people to invite us out.
We went with expectation to make the most of it. God had a plan for sending us here and we were going to take it and go in with both feet.

And here I am today standing on the very tail end of the year. Ready. To take that leap into 2014. Fully aware that I will be made to grow and that growing isn't comfortable but knowing that as I surrender to God's will for this year and make room for Him in my life I will not be the same person I am today. Already I am not the same person I was 7 years ago nor the same person I was at the beginning of 2013.

I cannot wait to see what 2014 will have instore for me and my family.  It is going to big, massive and at times nerve-wracking but I know God is with me. I am thankful that He is not finished with me yet.

What is God saying to you today? Maybe it is to turn from certain ways of thinking. Acknowledging that you are fearfully and wonderfully made. You are blessed of God and are able to do all things through Christ who gives you strength. That we are more than conquerors and God is for us and who then can be against us.

What I have learnt in 2013 is that I am more than able to do what God has called me to do. That I may not see the bigger picture but that finding where some of the pieces I have in my hand go is so exciting and simple. Just start with what you have in your hands today and do it all to His glory.
I have learnt about true forgiveness. It has taken me a few years but I have a better understanding now. People can change. Misunderstandings happen all the time. It is our attitude and how we handle it that matters.
There are a lot of lonely people right next door to us. We don't have to go very far or do anything dramatic to encourage and comfort someone.

May 2014 be a blessed and amazing year for you all. Thank you for reading this year and I look forward to writing and sharing with you next year.

Happy New Year and God bless.

P.S. Please excuse any spelling and grammar errors I wrote this on my phone in the car in between cleaning up a car sick toddler and handing back dropped toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment