Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Bungy!!!

Bungy jumping can be a freeing and terrifying experience. I was thinking about it today and I think it really ties in to what I wanted to say about my experience over the last weekend when I went to EquipHer.

It was such an awesome experience. I went up on my own. Without my children or my husband. I went as myself expectant. I wanted to leave there equipped with a new understanding of who God is and what He has planned for my life. I wanted to leave there ready to step out. Ready to take hold of all that God wants to do in my life and in the lives of others through me.

What happened is that on the Friday night, the very first session, negative words that were spoken over my life, feelings of rejection, hurt, were broken. Saturday evening it was like a cloud had lifted off from over my head. I parted the heavens with my hands and there was and open heaven. The clouds of judgement and of expectations that I have not met, words spoken over me about not being good enough, GONE!

When I woke up on Sunday morning they were still gone. There was no ceiling of clouds left. Monday morning I woke up and they were still gone and the presence of God that I felt on the Friday night was still there.

Let me tell you I had to just about shake off these negative thoughts and stinking thinking and the heavy clouds placed on my head.

What does this have to do with Bungy Jumping? Well I feel that Bungy Jumping is a bit like what I am needing to do in my spiritual life. Just take that leap of faith and jump. Forget about who said what about you and who told you you can't do this or that. God said and that is that. Let Him be your bungy cord, your life saver, the only One you count on and just take that step.

We are all scared. I know I am. So very scared of what God has for me. But why? Why do we fear the future? We would rather sit doing the same groundhog day stuff than face ourselves and mirror and say 'There is more to life than this!' God has more for me, He called me before the world began, before I was knitted in my mother's womb. He knows me. He knows the me I was, He knows the me I am today and He knows the me I am going to become.

The core message over the weekend was to stop thinking in the natural realm but to think in the Spiritual Supernatural Realm. We are not of this world we are of Heaven. Our Spirits have been awakened and now we must function not in the flesh but in the Spirit.
The Woman at the well was so focused on the water in the well and the type of thirst that only this kind of water will quench and Jesus was speaking to her about Living Water (spiritual water) that if we thirst for it, Jesus gives it freely and we will not thirst again. The disciples then said to Jesus 'Come and lets eat' and Jesus said 'I have food to eat of which you do not know.

Imagine that. Jesus has the food and the water for us that is not like a sandwich and a cup of tea, okay? I will get hungry again and will get hungry again and thirsty again.
But the Living water and the Word of God will not leave us hungry or thirsty. Which come to the persuit of 'Happiness' Happiness like food and water is a temporary filling feeling. It serves it's purpose but it is not lasting. When we have no food to eat, no clean water and we are unhappy what is left? Rejoice in the Lord? Always! and Again I say rejoice. How can we do this? Through the Joy of the Lord. If we possess Joy we possess Strength!

Right so now that we have looked at ourselves we need to look at others. What Living Water and Words and Nuture are we sending out to others. There are so many poor in Spirit, yes poor in food and water but poor in Spirit too. What are we doing for others?

Which brings me back to Bungy Jumping. Are you and I going to put aside our fears, doubts and levels of temporary happiness and possess the Joy of the Lord and take that step. Jump and shake off these things holding you back.

I tell you now Satan wants to keep you on that ledge in fear and not taking hold of your future so he can push you off later into the deep end without anything to save you. He does not want you to rise up and awaken to the things God has for you because that will mean he is one step closer to his demise. He wants to make you feel safe and comfortable and fast asleep.

Sometimes as Christians we die to the old and put on the new and rise from the dead but we end up going back to the grave we were in. We are new creations still sleeping in our graves. It is time to get out of the grave, wake up and step into what God has for us.

Bungy! Do it literally or do it in Spirit but do it. Free yourself from everything that is you back.

You see when we step out in Faith God will not leave us wanting. He will come through for us. He is faithful. It is time we realize that much is expected of us and we will be used greatly. He will not leave us or reject us like others in our lives have done.

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28:19-20

Our spirits are eternal and will never die. We are not natural we are spiritual.

No comments:

Post a Comment